Near real-time event and fault management to improve availability and resiliency
IBM Netcool/OMNIbus delivers near real-time, consolidated event management across business infrastructure, data centers, complex networks and IT domains. The software provides full management and automation to help you deliver continuous uptime of business services and applications.
IBM Netcool/OMNIbus benefits:
- Helps increase efficiency and speed problem resolution by consolidating network and IT operations in a single management solution.
- Combines scalability with a flexible architecture to help scale from small to large environments, with more than a 100 million events per day across multiple networks, IT silos and geographies.
- Helps enable quick resolution by allowing operators to run automated resolution scripts against recurring, predictable problems.
- Helps address the most critical problems, and automates isolation and resolution by using customizable lightweight agents to collect business and technology events in near real time.
- Integrates with application performance management solutions so you can proactively measure user experiences and performance across applications.
IBM Netcool Impact
Event enrichment, contextual correlation and automation to unify disparate systems
IBM Netcool Impact is enterprise and network management software that automates the support of business-critical functions. The software helps enrich events with business context, provides an integrated view of data from multiple sources in context and enables custom run book automations.
Tivoli Netcool Impact includes the following features and benefits:
- Collects and injects contextual details into events, incidents and problems, allows full access to near real-time data and events from multiple data sources including external sources such as SQL databases, LDAP servers and network devices.
- Correlates and displays information from multiple sources to enable operations to make quick decisions or take action, providing near real-time alert status, allowing administrators to isolate, prioritize and assess an event for faster incident handling.
- Initiates or automates action based on the current state of events and logical policies, reducing the
need for manual event management tasks, and helping improve operator efficiency and productivity