IBM Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager
Automated network configuration and change management
IBM Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager provides automated network configuration and change management. It includes tools for policy-based configuration to help address compliance requirements. Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager can integrate with fault management, network automation and performance management applications to manage networks more efficiently.
Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager features:
- Network discovery and reporting tools that deliver up-to-date status of network devices, collecting automatic, on-demand updates of physical and logical device configuration and administrative status.
- Automated configuration management capabilities that can improve network reliability and availability. Automate routine network configuration management tasks to keep pace with changing requirements and help reduce manual configuration errors, managing the complete device configuration lifecycle including baseline, search, configure, test, approve and track stages.
- Change management features that handle complex and rapidly changing network environments more efficiently. Take advantage of reusable command templates to manage network changes more efficiently and validate commands sent to devices automatically to confirm configuration changes
- Policy-based management that controls network device access and aids in regulatory compliance. Control configuration access by user, device or command to help strengthen network security and providing a reusable policy framework for configuration validations of regulatory mandates, security policies and engineering standards.
- Integration with third-party applications that extend automated network management processes, including network automation, inventory and help desk management systems to create more extensive and streamlined network management systems and taking advantage of application programming interfaces (APIs) for integration with workflow automation.